- Click here to join!
- City, State:
- New York, NY
- not listed
- Job posted on:
- not listed
About the job
We are seeking a patient, nurturing, and energetic person for the position of Orchestra Administrator.
The ideal candidate must be able to relate to a wide range of people both in age and personalities, have excellent written skills, have a can-do attitude, and will preferably have a degree in music education or music performance – although college students will be considered.
The position of Orchestra Administrator is a flexible, part-time position, Monday through Thursday, with an average of 16 hours per week, for approximately 34 weeks, beginning at the end of August through the beginning of June. However, the Orchestra Administrator must be available to attend rehearsals Monday through Thursday from 4:30 pm to 6:45 pm.
As this position will require a considerable amount of travel we will provide the Orchestra Administrator with an unlimited, monthly metro card. The salary for this position is $12,500.
• Serve as librarian for all ensembles; prepare parts for distribution, deliver parts to rehearsals or arrange for someone else to do so, prepare transposed parts as needed, and post parts to web site
• Monitor, check for accuracy, and approve coach timesheets for processing
• Represent our administration to ensembles, students, and parents: insure that notices regarding rehearsal schedules, concerts, and other activities are distributed at rehearsals; distribute notices to parents and students via email; post notices to web site.
• Serve as direct link to parents: contact parents when there are attendance, behavior, or other issues with a student; keep Program Director, coaches, and conductor informed about students issues as necessary; field questions from parents regarding attendance, concert dress, etc.
• Attend concerts, special events (including the annual October retreat which is scheduled on a Sunday) and community concerts
• Other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.