Manager, In-School Music Programs
- Click here to join!
- City, State:
- Newark, NJ
- not listed
- Job posted on:
- not listed
- not listed
About the job
We are seeking a Manager for our in-school Music programs.
The Manager is responsible for the implementation of Arts Education in-school programs including but not limited to artist-in-residencies and all related activities in conjunction with all members of the in-school program division.
Although the Manager will focus on the disciplines of instrumental and vocal music, they must be well versed in the disciplines of dance, theater, and early learning because each member of the in school program staff must work on all programs.
These in-school arts education programs are developed for the children of New Jersey’s schools, day care centers, and community youth organizations. Our residency packages vary in structure but may include the following components: classroom instruction, professional development, field trips to our performances, family workshops, and the implementation of curriculum.
The Manager facilitates all activities that are essential to the successful implementation of these programs in the schools and centers across the state of
Position Elements include but are not limited to:
• Identify and coordinate professional development needs for teaching artists and classroom teachers, specific to the discipline.
• Development of curriculum materials.
• Stay current on regional and national trends in arts education.
• Manage budget and purchasing of supplies and materials that support the assigned in-school program.
• Prepare final narrative reports for each fiscal year of assigned residency program.
Identify, select, and negotiate with teaching artists to place them in assigned schools.
• Work with artists to facilitate scheduling and logistics in a timely manner; follow up with them on lesson plans, timesheets, and final reports.
• Facilitate site visits and planning meetings, review and provide feedback on submitted residency outlines and lesson plans, observe teaching artists in the classroom.
• Assist with the art installations and host receptions on several Sundays throughout the year.
• Preparation and Coordination of proposals, reports, and site visits to assist Development Department and Arts Ed leadership to secure collaborators, sponsors and grants.
• Communicate the goals and concepts of our Arts Ed and In-School Residency Programs to the public as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in the arts or arts-related field. A degree in Music or Music Education preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience responsible for the implementation of performing arts events or residency programs for an arts center or presenting organization.
• Familiarity with the field of arts education, specifically theater education, related to the schools and communities of New Jersey.
• Familiarity with arts and cultural programs reflecting the ethnic diversity of New Jersey’s population.
• Customer service experience a plus.
• Strong computer skills -working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access required.
• Must have reliable transportation (i.e. car) for daily travel to schools throughout New Jersey.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.