Group Sales Manager
- Click here to join!
- City, State:
- Baltimore, MD
- Available Immediately
- Job posted on:
- $40,000 to $45,000
- not listed
About the job
The Group Sales Manager plays a leadership role in all aspects of Group Sales & Marketing.
This position is responsible for exploring and implementing creative opportunities to generate and grow group sales revenue from both new and existing accounts and help achieve overall earned revenue goals.
Provide exceptional guest services and assist management with day-to-day functions consistent with the organization’s goals and objectives. At a time when our organization is attracting widespread local and national attention and our pops programs are at the peak of their popularity, this position will help realize the full potential for group sales across all lines of programming and at all three of the our performance venues.
Special focus should be placed on providing a superior level of customer service and optimization of the patron experience along with a desire and capacity to work as a part of a very results-oriented team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prospecting and researching organizations/groups to generate group business
• Implements targeted marketing/solicitation to organized factions
Partnerships and Memberships
• Assists in the execution of local partnerships and packages
• Assists in maintaining community/corporate contacts and business to business memberships
• Facilitate group events in conjunction with a concert ticket purchase, including pre/post concert receptions, and musician meet and greets.
• Proposal through event execution (Preparing proposal and letter of agreement, conducting site visits, collecting payment, securing necessary staff and musicians, communicating event details to the appropriate departments)
Fulfills group requests for venues
• Tickets and events
• Establish and maintain relationships with clientele through customer service, cultivation and regular communication
• Orders via web request or phone
• Account maintenance
Tradeshows Exhibitor/Community Events
• Community outreach to area colleges, seniors groups and the community at large
• Establish relationships with business professionals in the community
General office management
• Customer service
• Computer skills, especially proficiency with Tessitura software
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
-Bachelors degree with 2+ years of Group Sales experience in a professional setting; experience in the Arts or entertainment is preferred, but not required.
-Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental structure, policies, and procedures.
-Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines.
-Proficiency with Microsoft programs, and knowledge of Tessitura highly desirable. Ability to learn other software programs as needed.
-Knowledge of communication technologies including social networking, blogs, YouTube, etc.
-Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem resolution, and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment.
-Schedule flexibility and willingness to work nights and weekends for concert duty as needed.
-A background and/or interest in symphonic music is desirable.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary history for consideration.