Doo-Wop Style Singer
- Click here to join!
- City, State:
- Hackettstown, NJ
- not listed
- Job posted on:
- $75 to $200 per job
- not listed
About the job
Looking for a doo-wop style singer for golden oldies performances either as a solo singer or as part of a full group or band. Different opportunities are available at this time. This will not be a traditional full-time or part-time job, and definitely not something you can consider a career and make a living from.
However, there is the potential for a lot of upcoming bookings and the opportunity to make some decent extra money while having some fun singing and entertaining crowds. Venues may include nursing homes, senior communities, theaters, car shows, casinos, private parties, restaurants, lounges, reception halls, or private residences. All ages, gender, may apply. We are also looking for DJ's or DJ/ singer combos.
When applying, please include biography, photos, previous work and experience related to this opportunity, and (if available) MP3's or links to audio or video samples. Thank you.
1. General knowledge of the music & singing styles of the 50's & early/ mid 60's eras.
2. Must have the ability to sing lead vocals, background vocals, falsetto vocals, solid group harmony, and must be able to cover various different vocal parts as needed.
3. Must be willing and able to attend rehearsals regularly in Northern, NJ and must be willing and able to sometimes travel an hour or more to do shows.
4. Must have some availability on weeknights and weekends.
5. Must be reliable, professional, flexible, a team-player, and have the "show must go on" attitude!
6. Must be willing and able to carry equipment and assist with setting up and breaking down equipment.
7. Should be somewhat comfortable and experienced singing in front of crowds of all sizes, and able to mingle with audiences during and after performances.
8. Must be able to practice at home and learn songs quickly.
9. Previous experience singing, performing, or recording golden oldies music will be helpful, but isn't required.
10. Having your own professional sound equipment and your own wireless mic will be helpful, but is not required.