Contemporary Worship Leader / Associate Minister of Music
- Click here to join!
- City, State:
- San Antonio, TX
- Job posted on:
- $40,000 (Minimum starting)
- not listed
About the job
REPORTS TO: Minister of Music
SUPERVISES: Volunteer musicians, sound system and production technicians, and set-up helpers
RESPONSIBILITY: As part of the Music Ministry Team, this person will lead the Contemporary Worship Team, overseeing and coordinating all the production, technical, artistic and support aspects of the contemporary worship service, guided by the Senior Staff as it relates to issues of liturgy, worship content, and scheduling. This includes calling volunteers into ministry, rehearsing music teams, and coordinating all the aspects of the Contemporary Worship Service.
1. Work in creative partnership with the Senior Staff to design worship, plan, coordinate and lead music for the church’s contemporary service based on input from the preaching pastor and/or supervisor.
2. Choose, purchase, teach and manage music and other media for the contemporary service including copyright licensing.
3. Oversee the planning, music selection, set up, tear down and all other logistics for each aspect of the weekly contemporary worship service.
4. Plan and lead weekly rehearsals for the worship band(s).
5. Call, develop, oversee, train, and minister to band members, production volunteers, and audio/visual volunteers.
6. Coordinate and manage all aspects of the Contemporary Service including the oversight of the use of audio and visual equipment in conjunction with production volunteers, audio/visual volunteers, and other volunteers.
7. Periodically lead music for special events and/or worship services in the life of the church as requested or approved by supervisor.
8. Explore ways to incorporate youth and children into the worship life of the Contemporary Service.
9. Attend Contemporary Worship Committee meetings, Music Mission/Vision Team Meetings, and periodic Music Ministry Staff meetings.
10. Prepare, administer, and evaluate a comprehensive annual budget for Contemporary Worship in coordination with the Contemporary Worship Committee and in consultation with Senior Staff/supervisor.
11. In conjunction with the Minister of Music and other music staff, explore ways to collaborate (through worship, rehearsals or education) with other ensembles and programs in the larger Music Ministry.
12. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. Education: Degree in Music, Theology, or other Ministry related disciplines; or equivalent experience.
2. Work Experience: Significant experience in contemporary worship leadership and music ministry.
3. Zeal for the worship of God and a demonstrated understanding of the Biblical and Reformed theological underpinnings of worship.
4. The ability to direct the congregation’s attention to God in worship.
5. Holds a philosophy of ministry and worship that is in agreement with the ministries at our church.
6. Developed musical gifts, especially voice and at least one major instrument such as guitar or keyboard.
7. Abilities to lead, organize, equip, and encourage multiple teams and communicate effectively.
8. An advanced level of musical knowledge and expertise, including the ability to arrange and/or compose music to be sung in worship services, as well as willingness and ability to use music software for that purpose.
9. Knowledge of and skill to use Media Shout and other types of worship/media/presentation software packages.